Another wobble issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another wobble issue

Ok I've searched around and need assistance. I have a rear end wobble noise and it sounds like its coming from my drivers side rear, when I hit the brakes I feel it in the brakes as it wobbles and when I'm driving it's rather loud. I was thinking it was the rotors but have not changed them out yet. ANY ADVISE??
    \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Either the rotor or the axle. Try the rotor first because it's cheaper and easier. If it's still there, I'll bet it's a bent axle. Not hard to replace, but time consuming...
    sigpic

Comment

Oops sorry for the wrong section. I've replaced axles on my truck before and its easy cause its a full floater and they just basically come out after taking off the hub but with our axles whats the time consuming issue? I'm gonna put new rotors on next week and hopefully thats fixes it.
      \"I told you on your first day that I was your whole family, I am your new Mother! If you maggots don\'t start getting your sh_t together, I will be forced to make myself a childless Mother!\" <br />-Multiple Unknown USMC Drill Instuctors

Comment

In our rears the axles are held in by C-clips inside the differential. Other thing it might be is an axle bearing, which also requires removing the axle shaft to replace. Also, have you tried rotating the tires? If you've got one with a broken belt you'll know when you move it.
        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

Are all the lug nuts tight?
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X