stupid stuff..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid stuff..

ok, im almost positive i posted this a while ago but i got no response so here goes again. when i'm cruisin on the highway, usually at 80, i can go for a while and then all of a sudden the engine seems to kinda vibrate pretty bad for 2500 rpms and i'll lose power. so much so that it cant maintain 80 in 4th gear and downshifts. once at 80, it'll go back to 4th, lose power and downshift again, repeat endlessly. i throw it in neutral and turn off the motor, wait 5 secs and it goes back to normal again for 10-15 mins. it was gettin to be everytime i went on the highway but i just did plugs wires seafoam and 2 oilchanges and now it only happens when i floor it to merge. any ideas? only codes are o2's that have been there since i bought the car.

other thing: just did the e-water pump, put on the 905k6 belt and now because it doesnt go around teh w/p, it goes right to the tensioner, and in the 10 or so inches between the two, it looks like a harshy picked guitar string vibrating all over the place. is that bad? no squeelin' but it def doesnt follow along as smoothly as it used to. could it be that the belt just has to break in? thanks in advance for any ideas.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

If that belt is vibrating (like you've described) when it's at idle, I can imagine what it looks like at 80mph! That would be my first and foremost priority. I don't know how to fix it other than trying to find a smaller belt.
    After fixing that problem, try it out again on the hwy. If the problem is still there, I'd do a scan and see if there are any other codes lurking somewhere in the computer.
    sigpic

Comment

oh its been doing that stupid highway **** since way b4 i did the water pump. i'll check the codes tomorrow. i just dont know what to do about this belt. this should be the right length, and its fully tight, like the tensioner still has some room to well.. tense i guess haha.
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X