how come my car does all the weird stuff? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come my car does all the weird stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come my car does all the weird stuff?

ok, just started noticing this a few days ago. if i give it like 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, the car will get to like 4grand rpms and give like a split second loss of power then continue on to shift at the normal like 4250. its like its shifting almost but the rpm's climb normally, the car just kinda shudders almost i wanna say. its almost like the trans shifts to neutral and then back really fast. what the hell is this?
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

If i'm not mistaken, i remember a big thread about this at one point. Lots of people were chiming in saying that they had this weird thing going on also.
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

sounds likle the trans might be slippin a little my wifes neon dose the same thing after she ran it 6 miles with a leaking trans cooling line [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]
      1995, 3.4l, v6 automatic, no pcm mods, no cat turbo thrush muffler, dry 100 shot of nos(ended the life of the car befor its time), cai, T.B. heater bypass,

Comment

i dunno if it's slipping cuz it happens while its in gear. like it jumps and then like a second later it shifts nice and crisp... maybe on the other hand tho it wasnt such a good idea to flush the thing out at 70K for the first time when the interval is supposed to be 50K.

[ January 19, 2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Camaro Dom ]
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400:
          If i'm not mistaken, i remember a big thread about this at one point. Lots of people were chiming in saying that they had this weird thing going on also.
          do you know the name of it? i dont really know what i could search for... weird split-second power loss thingy? haha [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Well my car does this occasionally too...and it's not an automatic. I'm thinking about changing out the spark plugs and seeing what that does.
            1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

i JUST changed my plugs and wires, helped out some with another weird prob i'm having (probably the fuel pump in its dying breath) but didnt fix the prob.

Comment

Okay. Well I recently replaced my fuel pump and that didn't stop this from happening from time to time. Maybe I should replace my fuel filter...again...just did that last summer though. I really don't know what's going on with this.
                1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

nope, prob wont help. this winter break i did plugs and wires, 2 oil changes, seafoam, and put on an electric water pump. although i tend to get rid of fuel filters after 15-20k miles, so ur probably due. although, u having a manual means its not my trans slipping most likely. i'd say maybe a broken tooth or sumthing but it would happen more often than just in 2nd gear.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X