what tools will i need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tools will i need

ok this is what i'm doing to my girl this weekend. pilot bearing clutch master cylinder
    oil pan gasket camshaft position sensor rear main seal rear cover gasket clutch slave cylinder throwout bearing and a centerforce clutch.

i'm using a lift and i have tools (sockets, wrenches etc) what other kinda tools am i going to have to get?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

some gatorade and a powerbar
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

clutch alignment tool and vacuum bleeder

Comment

what is a vacum bleeder?

and how do you get the fluids into the tranny?
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen:
          what is a vacum bleeder?

and how do you get the fluids into the tranny?
          A vacuum bleeder is used to help bleed the master cylinder lines. There is a port to add fluid directly to the tranny, and of course add fluid to the new master cylinder itslef.

Comment

Pilot bearing removal tool. Sometimes you can use an old clutch alignment tool and some grease to force it out, mine needed a full puller to take out.

Lots of brake cleaner to spray stuff clean with. Fluids to replace spilled stuff. Pans to catch spilled stuff.

Torque wrenches if you don't have them.
            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

you dont NEED a vacuum bleeder, it just makes it so you dont have to pump the brakes when ur all through. i think.
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom:
                you dont NEED a vacuum bleeder, it just makes it so you dont have to pump the brakes when ur all through. i think.
                pssst.... you don't need to bleed the brakes to install a clutch...

honestly I think you can get away without bleeding the clutch, they are full from the factory. But a vacuum bleeder woudl be nice.

I suggest a slide hammer for the pilot bushing... I read up that "grease trick" and I honestly think its bull****, never woudl have worked on my car, imo... I understand the phyisc of it, but it took alot to get my pilot bushing out and the new on in.

PS, block of wood and hammer for putting pilot bushing in.

So... I suggest
                -Slide hammer(apparently most car part stores carry it when I asked where to get one online but none near me had it. But Harbor Freight did. I got the crappy $16.99 one
                http://da.harborfreight.com/cpisearc...mmer&Submit=Go

-tailshaft plug(no clue where to get one, one came with a replacement tranny I got, and I use it, but seems like you never get ALL the fluid out and it spills out when you are pulling it out)
                -Lots of extensions, maybe at least 3' worth? and a swivel for a socket.
                -prybars/crowbar. Really helps to get the transmission started. Tranny comes out alot easier once the input shaft is out of the crank, and the splines are out of the clutch
                -hammer + block of wood for pilot bushing

off the top of my head thats about it, usually crap you have laying around the garage

btw if you are at harbour freight this is the one I use, I know autozone here sells exact same one

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39522
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

well i rented puller for the piolet bearing.

the bleader, can you use the break on for the clutch? that is my only real question now. i think that i got just about everything else.
                  WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X