Pulled Code 1870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled Code 1870

Car started not to shift gears on the way home tonite. Went to a shop that my girlfriends uncle works at and he pulled code 1870 tranmission slipping. He said the tranny oil was fine, even though it hasn't been changed in like 80000km. He thinks the transmission is screwed. What do you guys think?

EZD
    1996 Camaro A4
    EZD<br />1996 Camaro <br />K&N FIPK<br />Borla 3\" Exhaust<br />Dynomax 3\" Cat<br />Panasonic Ghost CD Player

u should just throw away your automatic and get a standard there alot better [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Canadian made metelicGreen 1995 3.4 M5 FireBird<br />mods:(NEW)--&gt;Jetchip stage 2 ,K&N Cold Air Intake DynoMax ExuastCat back oh yea dont have a cat,Underdrive Pullies,headers<br />Next mods:fuc the v6 and get a Lt1

Comment

Ya but how much u think that would cost?
      EZD<br />1996 Camaro <br />K&N FIPK<br />Borla 3\" Exhaust<br />Dynomax 3\" Cat<br />Panasonic Ghost CD Player

Comment

got any shift kits or anything like that? might just need a rebuild.

moving to drivetrain, you'll get better responses there.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

here, this ones open ;)
          2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Nope I don't have a shift kit. What a horrible problem on my "new" car!

Comment

Many transmission and converter problems can trip this code. Do you feel anything odd or different in your shift patterns? harsh 1-2? Is the lock up still working? delayed reverse?

Some of these can be addressed without going all the way into the transmission and others require a tear down.

Comment

The only problem I felt yesterday was that it wasn't shifting into 4th gear (I think). I was on the highway at around 100-120km/h and the RPM just keep rising. I also felt a small snap when shifting from 1-2 when driving out of the gas station. Wasn't a snap that put my head back against the seat, but I felt something.

Comment

P1870 means "transmission component slippage." When your tranny picks up a slip, it overrides it's programming and goes to full pressure for shifting which would explain the harsh 1-2 shift. The problems is known to happen in 4L60E trannys built before mid '99 (I think) and is a problem with wear in the valve body, probably the TCC valve. If you are like most, you drive on the highway for a while, find your offramp, stop, then it happens. It can also happen from stop-and-go driving. Valve bodies are a couple hundred from your dealer and when you change yours, it's a good time to install a shift kit. Shame on anyone for waiting 80K for fluid change. Good luck all.
                  180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

Transgo also makes a repair kit for this exact problem. it's around $50-$60. It replaces a lot of the springs in the valve body, and has a redesigned pulse valve. I installed one myself, and it fixed my P1870 problem.
                    1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

I brought it to Mister Transmission through the advice of my mechanic who is my girlfriends uncle. Full rebuild 1500-1800 CDN. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Comment

I have the trans go corrective shift kit for that code brand new ill sell for 55 shipped
                        Past Ride
                        1995 Firebird A4 3.8 Turbocharged -- 12.50 at 108
                        (If you dont know me, you haven't had a V6 long enough)

Current Ride
                        2006 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR

www.myspace.com/shane1015

Comment

just do a search this has been discussed many many times
                          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95 3.4 Firebird220hp:
                            u should just throw away your automatic and get a standard there alot better [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>
                            Riiiight, auto's OWN you!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

80,000 miles and NO fluid change???
                            Go now to jiffy lube and get the fluid and filter changed!!!
                            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X