New 4L65-E transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4L65-E transmission

I just read some of the many car magazines that i get each month. I saw in Super chevy or Hot Rod or something about GM's new Auto transmission. it's the same as the 4L60-E in outer dimensions, gears, ect., it's just able to handle a little more power than the 4L60-E, I think 20-30% more. basically, shot-peened and hardened shafts, a friction disk added for 3-4 shift, and a couple other little trinkets that could be bought and installed w/ a tranny re-build. anybody have any ideas, questions, comments, opinions that ya wanna share?
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

...?

[ August 28, 2003: Message edited by: 317indy ]</p>

Comment

this is just an informative post that will give us more options.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

isn't that a Z06 tranny?
        \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick M.:
          isn't that a Z06 tranny?<hr></blockquote>

Thats a transaxle

what he was talking about is like a upgraded 200r4 or something, I was it also.
          Black 96 Z/28, A4, T-tops, tint, 2.73 LSD, Kenwood.<br /><br />Previous Camaro: Bright white 86 Camaro, MPI 2.8 A4 3.42, tint, Z-28 wheels, a few goodies.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 86camarodriver:

Thats a transaxle.
            <hr></blockquote>

Not to mention the fact that the Z06 is manual only.
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

well...I had did a search on that tranny and there were a couple said that it was made to 'handle the 405hp LS6 found in corvettes'...that's why I made that assumption...my bad...
              \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X