shifter movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shifter movement

Friend of mine just pointed out that my shifter has ALOT of vibration in it, if I slam the gas the shifter will jump a good 2 inches straight up. Also during downshifting the shifter will bob up and down a good inch or two in both directions. Anyone know if this is normal or a problem? I did snap a transmission mount awhile back but I was told it was fixed.

00' firebird 5spd
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

my ls1/T56 does not move that much.

i would suspect the mount is bad. (again?)

Ryan.
    1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Thats called a BROKEN TRANSMISSION MOUNT.

I broke the one on my 02 so I know firsthand [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Yea but i've broken the mount before and the gearbox would jump and hit the center console and make a very nasty banging. Atleast thats what happened last time, this time i can do a burnout and no noise just alot of shifter movement.
        00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

if its not broken get a poly mount, cuts out the normal movement.
          1/4 14.1 @ 99<br />1/8 9.2 @ 77

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X