Just installed my new 3.42 rear axle - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just installed my new 3.42 rear axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed my new 3.42 rear axle

I didn't notice a huge difference in acceleration but it's definitely a noticable increase, especially off the line acceleration. Seeing as it's been 95 degrees+ around here lately it should be much more noticable once it cools down here. Everything seems smoother too, the accleration is smoother, stopping is smoother with the disc brakes, and the car feels more solid in the rear end now. I'm happy with this upgrade and almost everything went smooth with the new Y87 PCM I put in as well. The only problem right now is my e-brake doesn't work but we'll get that figured out soon.

[ August 24, 2003: Message edited by: Sean37 ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Hey you, standing over there against the wall, can you hear me har me?
    Well anyways would you say this would be a worthwhile mod to my blistering beauty or would go poppen around with maybe the next step, like a 3.73 or a 4.10? please post or e-mail me
    Pease from were the sun dont shine! minn.
    This baby\'s the envy of F-body owners across(jK), but the Pearly sunset paint with white leather and the 18\" crager rims tell the story. not much for motor mods other than a flowmaster muffler, Ram air intake and hood but im always down to here about super/turbo chargers!

Comment

Provided you get the speedometer recalibrated, AND the govenor removed I would go straight to 4.10's without even considering anything else.

With the computer issues solved you'll have near 130 MPH on the top end, and the time it takes to get there will be shortened by probably 25%!!!

Your 0-60 mad dash numbers will be off the hook yo, fo shizzel.
      <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

im getting a z-28 rear end, axle, every thing, is this whats you did? was it hard? how long did it take? whats the hardest thing to make work?
        is there moding to do or so it bolt out bolt in??? thank you
        [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
        www.turbov6camaro.com
        1997 3800 Series II Camaro
        4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
        7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
        11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

any rearend out of a 4th-gen Z28, Trans Am, or V6 with Y87 performance package will work. Mine came out of a '95 TA. The whole install took about 5 hours with two people, and a lot of that time was spent on hooking up the brake cables to the new rear. The easiest part was installing the new PCM, that only took about 5 minutes. It's really a pretty simple installation.
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

Comment

hey, that e-brake is funny. I had the new ebrake cable and what happend was, where you pull it up in the drivers seat, its on a circle with spines on it, and the cord fell off it, so when you pulled it back it made no difference. Make sure the cord is still sitting on those spines! ( is that even a word!? lol [img]smile.gif[/img] )
            RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by viper04af:
              im getting a z-28 rear end, axle, every thing, is this whats you did? was it hard? how long did it take? whats the hardest thing to make work?
              is there moding to do or so it bolt out bolt in??? thank you
              [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
              <hr></blockquote>

Yep it works, no modifications...

I never did get e-brake lines for a 4-wheel disc brake car, I jsut rigged my old e-brake lines, they work when you yank htem, but they do not unhook, I ahve to climb under the car to undo them. So I only use it in Emergencies [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X