rear disc brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear disc brakes

alright, im thinkin of gettin a zexel torsen in the future w/some type of gears (either 3:42 or 3:71) and since im goin with the whole rear end thing, i wanted to get disc brakes off a z28. so, what all does that entail? like would i need the whole rear axle and everything? kinda confused when it comes to this
    1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

If you are gonna go with 3.42's you could do like i did and get a rear end out of a y87 camaro and put that in. They have limited slip, gears and disc brakes. i got mine for like $450. just a thought.
    1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

i converted to disc brakes. GOt them from speed automotive. You just have to make sure to get the set that is traction or not. depends if your car has it. Its not that hard jsut take all the drums off and put the disc on. YOu can use the same brake lines ,but you got to change the handbrake cables.
      1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
      Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

well, i have a 92 (3rd gen) so would that y87 off of a 4th gen, fit my car?
        1992 Camaro RS<br />Performance: K/N filter and custom CAI<br />Stereo/Electronics: 10\" Kicker Subwoofers, DEHP-4400 Pioneer Head Unit<br />Maintenance: New brake lines, New transmission mount<br />Upcoming: Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Catco Catalytic Converter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          1 day ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X