Engine Revs w/ Various Gears @ 70mph - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Revs w/ Various Gears @ 70mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got the incredibly stock steelies with 215/60/16 and i'm running about 2900rpm at 70mph. i thought i had 3.73's but it's starting to look like maybe i have something higher. can you run the numbers and check that out for me?
    you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dstrbd1:
      i've got the incredibly stock steelies with 215/60/16 and i'm running about 2900rpm at 70mph. i thought i had 3.73's but it's starting to look like maybe i have something higher. can you run the numbers and check that out for me?<hr></blockquote>

LOL I am bored right now, so yes. I will edit the post ina few minutes and see what numbers I come up with.

EDIT: Ok here is what I got... I calculated a rear end ratio of about 4.60 just using 2900 at 70mph. Instead of having the wrong gears, I'd be more concerned that maybe the torque converter isn't locking in 4th gear, or there is some other form of transmission slippage. Or, there is the possibility that the tach is just insanely high.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: HAZ-Matt ]</p>
      Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HAZ-Matt:
        [QB]
        I calculated a rear end ratio of about 4.60 just using 2900 at 70mph. Instead of having the wrong gears, I'd be more concerned that maybe the torque converter isn't locking in 4th gear, or there is some other form of transmission slippage. Or, there is the possibility that the tach is just insanely high.

[QB]<hr></blockquote>

I agree, theres something else going in the drivetrain somewhere...if a T-5 coudl be slippin clutch? I dunno

Cp

Comment

i doubt there is tc slippage, it was just rebuilt about 3 months ago with the tranny. the tach reads maybe 200 high max. i'm willing to bet that i prolly ended up getting 4.56:1 gears from that salvage yard, based on what you've figured up. somebody obviously modded that z quite a bit before they trashed it.
          you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X