Rearend Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearend Question

A guy at my work wants to sell me a 12 bolt detroit locker with a 4.11 gear and i was wonderin if it would fit on my 94 firebird, it(the rearend) was made for an 87 monte carlo, will this work?
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Firebird94:
    A guy at my work wants to sell me a 12 bolt detroit locker with a 4.11 gear and i was wonderin if it would fit on my 94 firebird, it(the rearend) was made for an 87 monte carlo, will this work?<hr></blockquote>

I don't think so...
    The f-body has a totally different platform than the monte carolo's, but I could be wrong. Get underneath your car, look around, measure, and compare to your friends setup.
    You may need to do some fabrication to make it fit, but it sounds like an awesome rear!

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

if you lock your rear axle, turning corners on ashphalt is gonna be a PITA. IMO you're gonna break soemthing if this is your daily driver...

--matt

Comment

No, will not fit, your rear end is a 7.2 inch 10-bolt. as for having it locked all the time, it would break anything but tires will wear very quickly. When turning the inside wheel turn slower than the outside seeings how it is travelling as smaller distance. This is where the benifits of LSD comes in, using clutches and disk to lock the wheels upon slip. Plus about the detroit, spools, and even welding the spider gears for the super cheap lock is that they are almost indistructable in a good 12-bolt or 9-inch. I hope this has helped, ask anything and i will help.
        1/4 14.1 @ 99<br />1/8 9.2 @ 77

Comment

edit: would NOT break anything, sorry its late.
          1/4 14.1 @ 99<br />1/8 9.2 @ 77

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X