Question about buying PCM from T/A Creations - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about buying PCM from T/A Creations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about buying PCM from T/A Creations

T/A creations has pcms for sale for my '96 3.8. They say they have 3 of them and they are for '96 Only. They are only like $40. Now the thing is. They say this...

NOTE : If you are replacing a damaged PCM, we will need your 4 letter programming code (located right after your service # on your PCM) to recieve the correct programming and speedometer calibration.

Does this mean they can program the pcm to be calibrated for 3.42s? I'm thinking of buying a complete rear-end for my car with 3.42s in it. Would I have any problems if I used a pcm from them? Anybody?

what it means is they'll try to match a pcm that came out of a car with the gear ratio that you have. ie. if you get the rear end, then the pcm they give you will come from a '96 automatic with the Y87 package that had 3.42's.
    i didnt realize they had the pcm's that cheap. i was thinking about getting the rear end from them and custom programming mine, but this would be way cheaper... unless i decide to go with 3.73's, still havent decided yet. in that case, i WOULD have to get my pcm programmed and wouldnt be quite as simple.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X