i hate my tranny mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate my tranny mounts

well i tried putting that prothane polyurethane mount on tonight and the stud would not line up with the crossmember. WTF! The stock one that came with my car was like like the two tranny mount bolts are side by side and the stud that fits between the crossmember was about an inch back. The Poly one had all holes for bolts and crap all lined up. Was this the wrong part? I gave up with the new one and tried to put the old one back on and...to make me more angry i get to the last bolt and... "SNAP!" Yes i snapped the mother****ing stud on the stock one trying to torque that to specs. So now i am just gonna order a new stock part cause i dont feel like Fing with this crap anymore.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: FUPA ]</p>
    2000 M5 SILVER FIREBIRD<br />*Flowmaster 80<br />*K&N air filter<br />*SLP LCAs<br />*Fast Toys CAI

You have to modify the crossmember for the poly mount to fit right. You also have to rig up a spacer so the tranny will sit at the right height.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
      You have to modify the crossmember for the poly mount to fit right. You also have to rig up a spacer so the tranny will sit at the right height.<hr></blockquote>

he's right, i had to drill a hole in my cross member about an inch infront of the original hole. and then i used a nut and a washer so the mount was in contact with the cross member and the tranny
      -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

I would just go back to stock replacement ;)

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X