Top speed limiter after 4.10s and options for a fix??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top speed limiter after 4.10s and options for a fix???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top speed limiter after 4.10s and options for a fix???

I have 3.23s now. When I put in the 4.10s, where will my top speed limiter be??

Will this work? or will that only fix the speedo. What can be done to remove the limiter and fix the speedo???

Also, before I buy for sure, what will be the rpm I shift into if I had 3.73s or 4.10s??? Anyway to figure out?
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

That will make your speedometer accurate. But it will not remove the govenor. My guess would be that until you remove the govenor you'll be limited to around 95 MPH.

Afterwards you should be able to hit 130 MPH.
    <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Can anyone confirm this???
      Speed limiter with 4.10s at about 95 mph???
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

not tryin to say ur wrong or nething but it seems odd that u say it limits it to 95 but takin the govenor off allows it to hit 130.........granted the car with a regular 323 and the govenor remove is at the 130 mark, shouldnt the gear have no effect wether the govenors on or off if u think about it cuz your sayin the cars capable of 130 with the stock gear as long as the govenors not there so shouldnt u not be losin ne speed at all really if the govenors on if your theorys correct, since the car is capable of so much more with out the govenor?

explaining in numbers 110limited stock
        95(you estimated withgear)
        130without govenor
        if you minus the 15mph u did from the new gearing shouldnt the car not really losin ne speed at all since its capable of 20more miles per, the comp is just stopping it from goin over 110 so technically in this theory it could still reach that point if theres enough power for 20more mph

this is just a question im not tryin to be a d*ck, and i explained it so long cuz i didnt really know how to explain it in typin
        94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by V6Firebird94:
          not tryin to say ur wrong or nething but it seems odd that u say it limits it to 95 but takin the govenor off allows it to hit 130.........granted the car with a regular 323 and the govenor remove is at the 130 mark, shouldnt the gear have no effect wether the govenors on or off if u think about it cuz your sayin the cars capable of 130 with the stock gear as long as the govenors not there so shouldnt u not be losin ne speed at all really if the govenors on if your theorys correct, since the car is capable of so much more with out the govenor?

explaining in numbers 110limited stock
          95(you estimated withgear)
          130without govenor
          if you minus the 15mph u did from the new gearing shouldnt the car not really losin ne speed at all since its capable of 20more miles per, the comp is just stopping it from goin over 110 so technically in this theory it could still reach that point if theres enough power for 20more mph

this is just a question im not tryin to be a d*ck, and i explained it so long cuz i didnt really know how to explain it in typin
          <hr></blockquote>

Damn dude, use some punctuation, it is hard to understand the point you're trying to get across...

I think blig is saying the gears will make you run a lower MPH so the speedometer will read 120 or whatever speed he is going, but would actually be going 95. If he were to remove the governor and correct the speedometer the car would be capable of 130mph.
          If he did not remove the governor or correct the speed, the governor would come on thinking he is doing 120 (or whenever it comes on) but it would really be going 95.
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

With 4.10s you shouldn't have to worry about hitting the top end limiter, because you will actually be going faster than the speedo says - not slower. I hope you are not getting a 4.10 for top end - its entirely for drag racing/lowend power.
            Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KBeezy:
              With 4.10s you shouldn't have to worry about hitting the top end limiter, because you will actually be going faster than the speedo says - not slower. I hope you are not getting a 4.10 for top end - its entirely for drag racing/lowend power.<hr></blockquote>

That is COMPLETELY wrong..

Your speedo will be 10-15 MPH FASTER than what you are actually going..So if you speedo says 50mph, you're going around 35-40 mph..this is with 4.10 gears.
              94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Never done a 4.10 swap but on a 74 Formula we swapped em out for a 3.42 rear end and the speedo was reading slower than the car was actually going - just using past experience here [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

With 4.10s you shouldn't have to worry about hitting the top end limiter, because you will actually be going faster than the speedo says - not slower. I hope you are not getting a 4.10 for top end - its entirely for drag racing/lowend power.<hr></blockquote>

Big Cam, Big gears. :D
                  1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I would be very suprised if you could hit 100 with 4.10's in your car. You'll simply run out of tach before you get to 100.
                    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

lets just say for ease of argument your gear ration is a 1.0:1, if IF!. so one rotaion of the driveshat means one roation of the wheel right, right. So it the gear ratio doubled to 2.0:1 the it would take two revolution of the driveshat for one revolution of the wheel. so one revolution of the driveshat means half a rotaion of the wheel with the 2.0:1 gears. thats what the ratio is. number of DS revolitions to wheel revolutions.

as for the govener. Switching from 3.42 to a 4.10 is quite a jump, its gonna be more than 15 at that speed. the car is going to think it is going 120 because thats what the tranny is telling the computer. the car has no idea what actual speed is. So i would say when speedo reads 120 its gonna be like 80-90 acutal MPH.

The easiest fix is going to be the HPP3, simple yes\no questions. to calibrate speedo it ask "What Gear Ration" enter the ratio and it does the rest
                      1/4 14.1 @ 99<br />1/8 9.2 @ 77

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KillerBeeCamaro:
                        The easiest fix is going to be the HPP3, simple yes\no questions. to calibrate speedo it ask "What Gear Ration" enter the ratio and it does the rest<hr></blockquote>

No HPP3 for before 2000.
                        <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I hope you are not getting a 4.10 for top end - its entirely for drag racing/lowend power.<hr></blockquote>With a T-56 you'll be pulling 156 MPH in 5th gear, and 228 MPH in sixth gear. How much faster are you planning to go????

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Original 4th Gen V6:
                          I would be very suprised if you could hit 100 with 4.10's in your car. You'll simply run out of tach before you get to 100.<hr></blockquote> You'll actually be at 104 MPH before you shift out of fourth gear! Let alone all of fifth.
                          <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X