• Show
Clear All

• what exactly is.......

i have a few questions here
    what is a shift kit
    what does it do
    where can i get one
    and how much do they cost
    2001 Black Camaro<br /><br /><br />I have no clue how i beat you.....maybe your car is slow.<br /><br />Whisper lid, SSRA, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound 3\" Cat, SLP Loudmouth, BMR strut brace, black ZR-1 rims, Xenon kit

Check out the Modifications Encyclopedia at the top. Answers to all of your questions are there. ;)
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

A shift kit makes the transmission shift gears faster and firmer.

The can also allow you to downshift or hold the transmission in any gear at any RPM.

Radical shift kits can bypass the automatic function of a transmission, making it a (only) full manual shift transmission...it only shifts when you move the shifter.

A byproduct of a shift kit is that the clutches are engaged for less time. This builds up less heat, and makes the transmission run cooler...lasting longer.

Summit Racing would be a good place to shop for one.

A shift kit for a 4L60-E could cost about 175 dollars. Not including installation. Probably 100 bucks if you looked around for a shop and paid cash.
      <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X