2 vs 3 series carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 vs 3 series carrier

i have a question about the 2 and 3-series carriers. in my research i see the carrier mentioned, but never really in a way that answers my question. i have 3.08's on my 97 3.8 and from my research i guess it must be a 2-series carrier. my question, is can i swap out my open differential for posi and install 3.73's which are listed as a 3-series, or do i have to change carriers? is there a problem switching gears that arent the same carrier? and what exaclty is the carrier? is that like the casing, cause i dont think ive ever seen a carrier for sale? secondly, for $500 should i just get a 98 rear axle assemblly with the 3.42 gears, lsd and upgraded bakansia rear rotor package? which install would be esaier in your driveway with limited tools?
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

If you buy the SLP LSD and 3.73 gears, you'll be fine. The LSD is the carrier, and the one from SLP is a 3 series.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I wouldn't bother paying extra for those rear rotors, they don't even have much effect on your braking. It's something like 75% is done by the front brakes. Ever notice that's why your fronts always have much more brake dust then the backs?
      AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
        If you buy the SLP LSD and 3.73 gears, you'll be fine. The LSD is the carrier, and the one from SLP is a 3 series.<hr></blockquote>

Also, you will have to change the ABS reluctor ring to a series 3 if needed.

Eric
        Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
        1996 Camaro Conv
        2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X