Best shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best shifter?

AS with my previous post i will be doing a short throw shifter and a drivshaft.

But which shifter? I have read the modifications board and am stuck between a Ripper and B&M.

Which is better performance? Easier to install?

Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
    Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

B&M makes the Ripper Shifter. ;)
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Sorry Hurst and Ripper im comparing. ANy thoughts on them?
      Factory:Camaro 5 speed, Color Pewter, w/ t-tops and Y87 package. <br />Engine: K&N filter w/ Whisper Lid, FRA, Borla adjustable cat-back exhaust. Hurst w/ Short Stick<br />Interior:Oil temp. and Air/Fuel ratio gauges, System.<br />Exterior: Black outs front and back, 18 in. Lenso rims w/ Kumho Supra 275/35ZR18 tires, also limo tint on sides and back.<br />173.2rwhp-----200.5tq

Comment

Hurst with a short stick! :D [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

And this neverending argument flares up once again... do a search, theres plenty of info. Not that you asked, but the PRO 5.0 shifter is a more pricey but in my opinion better built option. Any one will be a million times better than stock, id say for no problems, good price, and solid build go with Ripper.

Cp

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason McCallister:
            Hurst with a short stick! :D [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Second that one!!
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hou-tex-six:
              id say for no problems, good price, and solid build go with Ripper.<hr></blockquote>

And I second that one! :D

Honestly, it doesn't really matter which one you get. Like hou-tex-six said, they're all better than stock. It just comes down to whichever one you happen to find cheapest/closest/prettiest/whatever-est.

[ August 14, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
              Matt
              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I've got the Ripper, I dont have anything else to compare it to besides stock, but I wouldnt know what would make it any better. Actually, the stick could be about an inch shorter, but it's already shorter than stock and it's fine with me. I think the general consensus is that ANYTHING is better than the stock "Kenworth Diesel" shifter. ;)

Brendan
                2000 L36 M49
                I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess.....<br /><br />-Red Green

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X