think i snaped my clutch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think i snaped my clutch cable

today when i was going back to work from lunch i go to stop at a light and the clutch pedal worked fine at first but then i felt this pop and the clutch hit the floor and then it wouldnt come back up. so i stuck my foot under it and got it to come back up but when i steped on it agian it had almost no resistance and it just went to the floor agian lucky i got it off the highway and into a parking lot with the momentum that i had.

does anyone know what could have happened and if this will be a quick job for the dealer to fix.

p.s. i am still under warranty will this be covered
    \"Hi my name is Ted and i am a postwhore.\"<br />GONE !!!!2001 midnight blue mettalic<br />camaro v6 GONE!!!<br /> <br />2002 White Ford SVT F-150 Lightning

the exact same thing happened to me a few months ago....i thought it was the clutch cable but it turned out that i completely disintigrated my clutch [img]tongue.gif[/img] costed me about 900 bux to fix, plus they replaced my raer tires at the same time so that bumped me up to 1100....maybe you missed a shift or downshifted to hard? instead of going 3-4 maybe u hit 3-2
    99 camaro v6 - y87 package

Comment

god damn i hope that didnt happen to me i dont have 900 bucks just lieing around to fork over for that kinda thing
      \"Hi my name is Ted and i am a postwhore.\"<br />GONE !!!!2001 midnight blue mettalic<br />camaro v6 GONE!!!<br /> <br />2002 White Ford SVT F-150 Lightning

Comment

Well, if it's any relief, you certainly didn't break your clutch cable... you don't have one ;)

The clutch is hydraulic, so the problem is most likely one of 3 things: master cylinder, slave cylinder, or the steel braided line that runs between the two. In any case, if it's one of those, then you'll most likely be out of or very low on fluid, so there's a place to start. Check the fluid and check underneath the car to see if you can see anything leaking out under it. If there's nothing under the car then pump the pedal a couple times and see if anything drips down.
        -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

well either way i hope its under warranty cause i cant afford that right now

i only have 27k miles on it so i am still under the mileage.

its at the dealer right now i am gonna call over there and see how things are going

Comment

the word is in it was the slave cylinder and its under warranty

Comment

Thats pretty crappy I did the same thing in my dad's 2k, when it had 7k on it. I took it ot the track, flogged the car a little then the next day was driving normal, pushed clutch in at a toll both to take it out of gear and heard a pop whirring crunch sound and the clutch was stuck to the floor I popped it out, and I for the love of god could not move the thing, standing on it. Desintigrated teh clutch, screwed up the master and slave cylinder and trashed the flywheel. Under warranty of course.

Comment

is there any aftermarket stuff i could get to make sure this kinda thing never happens agian

Comment

new update. they are replaceing everything. master cynlinder slave cynlinder, pressure plate pressure plate berrings and the clutch plate. and its all under warranty cause the girl that works at the chevy dealer i worked my (i am single agian) charms on her and she loves my car and they are doing everything for free

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X