clutch help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch help

alright so whenever I go all out with my 3.8 M5, i constantly will miss shifts, like it wont shift into second close to redline or shift into third. It never used to do this... Is that a sign of a bad clutch or would getting a short shifter be the answer?
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Sounds like your clutch is startin to go...

how many miles? is this your first manual?
    99 3.8 Camaro (M5) Y87

Comment

this is my first clutch yea. ive got close to 100k, and im pretty sure the clutch was replaced within the last 20k miles....u dont think my transmission is shot do u???
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

I had a problem once like yours. I would be sitting at a stop, then try to shift into first gear, and it was extremely tough. It was like it didn't want to go into gear.
        I was about to change my clutch/pressure plate, etc, and I changed the trans fluid before taking on the task. Well, it took about 2 city blocks before I felt a HUGE difference in the way it shifted. It was like a brand new trans again.
        Not saying it'll solve your problem, but it's worth a shot before you go dumping all kinds of money in replacement parts.

BTW, my trans had 70k on it when I changed the fluid.

-Marc

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: hockeyman ]</p>
        sigpic

Comment

i wouldnt say its the CLUTCH its self..

check the master and slave cylinder..

i had the problem.. the clutch wasnt depressing, causing me to grind every gear. it turns out the slave cylinder broke its seal.. had to replace it.. this was a while ago.

now i've added about 25k hard miles on it..and it hasnt done it once

or maybe u just need to bleed the lines?

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Tyler ]

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Tyler ]</p>
          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Doesn't sound like the clutch to me at all.

You're saying that you CAN'T get it into gear - that's the synchro's wearing out.

If you CAN get it into gear and then go WOT, and the car doesn't accelerate - THAT'S the clutch slipping.

If you don't have a problem going into gear after having double-clutched it...its probably your synchro's between those gears.
            <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X