Will the Lous short stick bolt up to the T-5 tranny? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Lous short stick bolt up to the T-5 tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Lous short stick bolt up to the T-5 tranny?

I'm wondering if the short sticks out there will bolt up, and how do they work?
    <a href=\"http://www.austinperformanceinc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.austinperformanceinc.com</a><p>2002SS blk, M6, 4.10\'s, comp cam 224/.581/112LSA, TPIS LT headers, SLP lid, Super Sucker Ram Air, Qwik Stick. No T-tops, ASR is my foot.<br />394rwhp/380rwtq

No.

To use any "short" stick you have to replace the stock shifter with a Hurst.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

actually, you don't have to replace it with a hurst. i talked with lou, who makes lou's short stick and he said that my pro 5.0 would work with his stick, or he would have one made for me.
      2000 pewter firebird<br />Short Throw Shifter, Whisper Lid, Whisper Ram Air, Holley Filter, B&B Triflo, LSD, BMR LCA, STB, PHR, and sway bars (32/21).<br />Power window conversion

Comment

So which is it. I make the Qwik stick that fits the T-56 tranny. It is somewhat similar to Lous. Someone emailed me with the question "will it fit the T-5 tranny"?
        <a href=\"http://www.austinperformanceinc.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.austinperformanceinc.com</a><p>2002SS blk, M6, 4.10\'s, comp cam 224/.581/112LSA, TPIS LT headers, SLP lid, Super Sucker Ram Air, Qwik Stick. No T-tops, ASR is my foot.<br />394rwhp/380rwtq

Comment

Unlike the T-56, the stick of a T-5 cannot be removed. Hurst Billet Plus or Pro 5.0s can be removed.

[ August 04, 2003: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]</p>
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the stock camaro/firebird must use a 1 piece shifter for the T5

There are stock T5 shifters that are 2 piece, (mustangs) ...easily found for cheap

You could possibly get that base, and a LSS (get it for the Pro 5.0 bolt pattern) , for a "cheap" short shifter

Ryan.
            1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slow:
              the stock camaro/firebird must use a 1 piece shifter for the T5

There are stock T5 shifters that are 2 piece, (mustangs) ...easily found for cheap

You could possibly get that base, and a LSS (get it for the Pro 5.0 bolt pattern) , for a "cheap" short shifter

Ryan.
              <hr></blockquote>

No.. if you take the stock shifter off the trans, you will see it have a more square base as compared to the Pro 5.0/Mustang shifters. As with the T-56 base units, these are more rectangular. You will have to replace with the proper unit. Stefan and myself, as with many other members have Hurst 5 speed short throw shifters. These are the same as the 3rd Gen T-5 shifters. Any HI-PRO shop will have them locally.

As for the Lou stick fitting, on the 3.4 model it will have to be mounted on the opposite side as the directions. The 3.8 and the 3.4 have different clearences on the stick.

Steve
              FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
              Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
              Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

weird...

well, just a sugestion. Sorry it did not work

Ryan.
                1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X