Tranny shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny shifting

I had my A4 tranny rebuilt a couple months ago and the guys said that he'd put a shift kit in it for free, I was thinking awesome, free shift kit from the tranny shop! When shifting through the gears, like from park to drive it shifts hard and everything, but when you get on it the 1-2 shift is still soft....but the 2-3 shift is firm and quick. Sometimes it will shift at 52-5300 RPM then sometimes is cranks to 5500 in first. Does anyone know what causes any of this? I called them they just said it was the type of kit they put in blah blah blah... Any help would be great!
    1999 Black Trans Am A4<br /> <br />-Flowmaster with Flowtech Cutout <br />-SLP Lid <br />-SLP MAF <br />-Ported Heads, hardened pushrods<br />-Diable Sport Programming<br />-18\' ZO6 Polished rims

Straight from the Advanced Tech: Forum Guidlines post...

What does not belong in Advanced Tech:
    Basic Trans Questions: Shifter, Converter, Clutch and Cooler

Moving to General Tech.
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I would get him to tell you EXCATLY what he did to your transmission without you asking for it. What brand Shift kit, or did they just monkey around in there and use you as a test model.

That doesn't sound like any shift kit I've heard of.
      -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X