Difficulty/Expense in converting from auto to manual in '94 Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difficulty/Expense in converting from auto to manual in '94 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty/Expense in converting from auto to manual in '94 Camaro?

How difficult/expensive would it be to convert a '94 Camaro from automatic to manual transmission?

As always any info is appreciated.

[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: nova ]</p>

There was someone who's done it on a 01. Do a search. I might have a manual for the swap written by my buddy. He did it on his 94Z. If you really need it let me know. Maybe I still have it saved somewhere.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dom:
      There was someone who's done it on a 01. Do a search. I might have a manual for the swap written by my buddy. He did it on his 94Z. If you really need it let me know. Maybe I still have it saved somewhere.<hr></blockquote>

Did a search. Didn't find much. Then again I may be searching poorly.

I might need it later. I'm currently designing a turbo setup for my car and if I can do a tranny swap at the same time without much added difficulty or expense I may do it.

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...23&t=000222&p=

Comment

From me, someone whos done it, not difficult, not expensive. All i can reccomend to you is that you go to a shop and ask if you cant rent a bay for a few days or something. My friend owns a shop, so i was able to do it there. Call www.tacreationsusa.com and they will have all the parts you need, including a new pcm hopefully, if not, take yours out, and go to a chevy dealership, and they will reprogram it for $74. You need to make two holes, one in the firewall, and one where the shifter goes into the tranny. Cost me $700 in parts, including the new tranny and all hydrolic parts. Very good deal. If you are handy at all you can do it yourself, if not, then get a friend to help. Also, theres a place by me that does the labor part of it for a flat $500. So for under 1500 your ready to go.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Thats everything I needed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X