Actual weight difference between my 1LE shaft and my Carbon Fiber Shaft - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actual weight difference between my 1LE shaft and my Carbon Fiber Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual weight difference between my 1LE shaft and my Carbon Fiber Shaft

Well I busted out the scal today and with the yolk and u joint on both, the carbon fiber weighed in at just 8 pounds while the 1LE weighed in at 12 pounds. I had a light weight yolk on my 1LE that was a full 1 lb lighter than the stock yolk, so, I am now even 1 lb lighter than people with a regular yolk and a carbon fiber deriveshaft. Results will be posted soon, and until then, only legit questions or comments will be answered, anyone who has anything negative to say will be IGNORED.

Otherwise have ???'s ask away.

This shaft is 33% lighter than a 1LE setup and therefore has significantly less rotational mass to deal with. Does anyone know where I could find a place that could measure my drivetrain loss. I'm aiming for 10%, and I think with the driveline and tranny upgrades, the only missing link will be a MORE efficient converter.

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: 10SecDream ]</p>

All I was wondering about was how it looks... is it a glossy finish? I would think that if you got your car dynoed with the 1LE you could figure out your drivetrain loss and then dyno it with the carbon fiber DS, find out the new drivetrain loss and then compare the two. That would be how I would approach it. Maybe I'm missing something though...
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Yes it has a glossy finish to it, and the problem you aren't considering is how do I find out the drivetrain loss to begin with, from there I wouldn't even need to compare, because stock an A4 is about 17-20% loss.

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: 10SecDream ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X