Torque converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque converter

Hey whats a good converter to go to. I was told and recommended 1600-1800 stall.
    Adam
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

I believe that the newer 98+ f-cars camw w/ an 1800 stall converter. I have this and I would like one that's a bit higher, between 2100-2600 stall. still streetable, but with much better 0-60 times. Try to match your cam to your torque converter. if you do, you may see a substantial amount of hp increase as well as your 1/4 time dropping by as much as 5/10's of a second(on a bone stock car, maybe).
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

My cam never worked out all i have done is prot and polish, three angle valve job and bored block. My trans broke and i have to pull it so i was going to put a better converter in i have a 94. Whats factory stall on this and what is a good one to run
      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by predator5100:
        My cam never worked out all i have done is prot and polish, three angle valve job and bored block. My trans broke and i have to pull it so i was going to put a better converter in i have a 94. Whats factory stall on this and what is a good one to run<hr></blockquote>

Good night. I didn't think you could bore a 3.4L. Whats the total displacement on that now?

Comment

thoes must be some small cylinder walls

-ATL
          93 3.4L camaro

Comment

total bore was 3.62 now is at 3.64 i had to change all pistons, rods, everything and rings obvioulsy. I ddin't get the power i wanted at least hoped this may do to the fact i need some intake and exhaust work done.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X