Got a Pro 5.0? Check it out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Pro 5.0? Check it out...

Well I installed my Pro 5.0 shifter yesterday. I love the feel, crispness, short throws (I cut down the threads about an inch to just what i needed) The only problem i have is that its pretty noisy. With the radio off and windows closed, if I have the car in a low rpm, say below 2,000 in 3rd and especially 4th, you hear a sort of grinding/rattling that is pretty loud. I think its cool, as it goes away when power comes on (where i get a whine which sounds normal and kinda cool), and it doesent soound like its getting any worse. There is a LOt less insulation there, i realize this, but any of you have same noises? Im telling myself its the same noises that i always heard, just louder now. I also cant really remeber or noticed how it sounded stock. Anyways, it would be good to hear from anybody. Still a damn good and fun shifter. Thanks.
    Cp

That is normal it will get quiter with time as the shifter breaks in.
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

My B&M makes some noise under slow acceleration at low rpm's, but it's not to bad. It gets worse when I have my hand on the shifter knob. The radio at even low volumes will cover it up though, so I never worry about it.
      Charles<br />98 Silver Firebird M5<br />whisper lid, K&N, whisper cold-air<br />RKSport cat-back<br />BMR LCA\'s, STB, panhard rod, tunnel brace<br />B&M ripper<br />15.376@89.92 2.267 60\'

Comment

Cool, thats what i thought. Radio does cover it up pretty good, and you cant beat the shifts, makes you wanna romp through em all the time. Anybody else?

Cp

Comment

Most of the noise that comes from the Pro 5.0 is the shifter vibrating against the stop bolts. It can get pretty loud sometimes, especially in a higher gear and at low rpms. An easy fix is to back the stop bolts out, but that would pretty much defeat the purpose of them.
          -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

I never even notice the noise on mine, I'm just used to it i guess...
            E-mail: ibjanky@yahoo.com<br />AOL IM: IBJanky

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X