Jet Speed Control Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Speed Control Unit

Can this be used on the 3800 to fix the problems from a gear change so the speedometer is right? I know it says truck, but it has the same transmission.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerc...br=76&lastcat=

PN = 561-50100
    92 S10 2.5<br />3800 Swap under construction!<br />New SN: RedFrk13

I have one but haven't installed it yet from what I understand yes it does work for that as long as you don't go more than to gear sizes for example going from a 3.08 to a 3.42 it should work fine but if you go from like a 3.08 to a 3.73 you may encounter problems.

I can't tell you first hand I know a few people have it and use it but it should work just fine!

Comment

Part# 50102 and here is the link:
      http://jet.webtrix.net/domestic/scu2000.cfm?id=672
      hope this helps,
      Pat
      Pat<p>Favorite Quote \"Estrogen poisons the Mind!\"

Comment

I just posted some onfo on it in the advanced forum. It will fix the speedometer, but the shift points will still be off a little. What you have to do is set the "Gear" setting to what you have and change the "Tire Size" setting a little to help get the shift points right. My speedometer is still a little off because of this, but my shift points are right and its not even near what is was off before.

Also, the SCU *can* take off the speed limiter, but all it does is stop the speedometer at 100. That means that if you set the SCU to disable the speed limiter, at WOT the car will not shift into 4th gear. Our transmission shifts into 4th at ~104mph, if the car only reads 100mph then it wont shift. The SCU2000 has a little jumper that you set to enable/disable the speed limiter. I keep mine enabled so it will shift into fourth at WOT. I have never really needed to go that fast at WOT anyway, so its not that big of a deal.

~Brian
        NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

BTW does anyone know if that will mess the TransGo shift kit up at all?
          Pat<p>Favorite Quote \"Estrogen poisons the Mind!\"

Comment

It wont. All the SCU does is intercept the RPM signal from the transmission, alter it for the corrections and send it to the PCM. There is no actual interaction between the tranny and SCU.

~Brian
            NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to bring your car to a dealer after a gear change and have them simply flash your computer to reflect the new RPO code for the gear change?
              180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrFix2Fly:
                Wouldn't it make more sense to bring your car to a dealer after a gear change and have them simply flash your computer to reflect the new RPO code for the gear change?<hr></blockquote>

Most won't do it and those that will can only do it up to 3.42s.

Comment

I dont know much about electronics but will this work with a five speed, i just finished putting a new rear end in
                  \'96 red firebird M5<br />t-tops, fully loaded<br />New rear-end with disc brakes and 3:42\'s, foglights, 2001 firebird emblems, slp cai, high flow cat, mtx sub

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Well if you have changed gears in your car, like going from 3.08s to 3.73, wouldnt the tranny shift into 4th earlier than 100 since its geared lower?
                    92 S10 2.5<br />3800 Swap under construction!<br />New SN: RedFrk13

Comment

Yes it will shift earlier.

Comment

but your speedo thinks its faster. It all goes by what the car thinks you are doing, not what you really are.

You go from 3.08 to 3.73s. Your car shifts into fourth around 104mph. Even with the new gears it will shift when the speedometer reads 104 mph. So you are going slower, but the car thinks its going 100 mph and wont shift into fourth.

~Brian

Comment

Ill tell you right now if you get the scu and your stock shift points were 3.08 and you go to 3.73 you will have to get a pcm from a y87 car with 3.42 shift points or you will smack the rev limiter, that is not fun :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X