Tranny/rear issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny/rear issues.

Hey guys, nice site you got here. I searched the archives first but didnt find anything. I have a 97 camaro v6 with 67k miles. When I do a burnout or spin tires in the rain my transmission flips out and jerks back and forth real fast. It moves about 2-3 inches toward the front and back of the car. Im thinking that I either have a broken engine mount or tranny mount but this is the first car I've had with the 3 link panhard bar setup. I kinda have reason to believe the car was in a rear end collision as there are repair signs in the rear hatch well and underneath the car.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the board. It sounds to me like your mounts are bad. Thats not right at all and you should get that fixed ASAP. Thats can cause some major damage to your car and even hurt you if the drive shaft falls out. A full inspection is not a bad idea if it has been in a crash and you don't know the history. try and get in touch with the last owner of the car to get the details. I'm going to move this the the Drivetrain Forum.... [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

No luck with the previous owner. They are sticking with thier "no accident" story. Theres too much evidence in the opposite direction but they just wont admit to it.

Any ideas which mounts, engine or tranny? Should I just go ahead and replace them all? I was trying not to spend too much money on this car as its supposed to be my daily driver while I finish up my 66 shelby.

Wheres the cheapest place to get some poly mounts and a 1 peice ds?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X