Need Help. Steel Bellhousing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help. Steel Bellhousing?

I have a 1995 3.4L Camaro with a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch that has been in there for about 4 years. About 5 months ago the clutch hydraulic cylinder tore the aluminum bellhousing and I got it replaced. It happened again this past Friday night. Is there a steel bellhousing available for my car and if so where can I get one? The mechanic I go to said that maybe I should have some kind of brace fabricated for the hydraulic cylinder to take some of the strain off the bellhousing mounts. If anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated because I don't want to get rid of my clutch. Thanks in advance.

I cant remember what it is called right now but you can tap the hole and insert a threaded steel peice to strengthen the hole.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

That sounds pretty good. I will run that by my mechanic and see about having a brace fabricated too to back up the hydraulic cylinder. I was hoping to find a steel bellhousing but I have searched and can't find anything. I ordered a poly trans mount (Energy Suspension) and read all the posts about them to do it right. I figure while I have the transmission out I might as well. If anybody has any other ideas on how to get my clutch hydraulics not to tear my bellhousing or about any steel bellhousings let me know! Thanks everyone.

Comment

You could find someone around with a tig welder and have them weld in a few supporting pieces of aluminum to reinforce the area. Its just a thought. My bro-in-law has a tig welder and he can weld everything under the sun together with that thing.
        1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X