Y87 99 Throttle Lag Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87 99 Throttle Lag Issue

I do see a lag when you floor it between 40 and 70. It downshifts to second...waits a bit, and then goes. It doesn't do this is first gear. MY QUESTION IS:

When I go to the dealership, what am I supposed to tell them?

The transmission is slipping. Take them for a test drive. Maybe it's something else, but what you said points to a slipping trans. Stock 4L60E is not very reliable.

Comment

well went to the dealer and they reprogrammed the PCM. The service guy told me that there will still be a slight lag, but not much. He says there are about 15 different configurations for the PCM based on the type of driving load/conditions...like hot, cold, dry, humid, city, highway, performance (which he said will drop you gas mileage to about 12 [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] so I declined that one) He gave me highway hot since I'm in FL and travel a lot. It made the gas pedal a little mushier on light acceleration (acutally a plus since I found it touchy to begin with) and it shifts/reacts better at higher speeds. I'M PISSED THAT I FORGOT to ask the dealer to remove the GOVERNOR. Oh well, maybe some other time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X