shattered clutch - help/any other problems - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shattered clutch - help/any other problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shattered clutch - help/any other problems

Im sooooo pissed off, i got the car 3 months ago and the clutch seemed a little weak and i told my dad everyday since then to get a new one installed and id give him the money from my account(he knows a lot of people so he said if i needed work to let him know) and i was running around ALL day today getting the car ready for the ocean this sunday, new tire caps, cd holders, filled up oil and made sure everything was tight/no probs

well i start backing my car into my driveway today after all this is done. usually i park on the side of the road but someones been messin with my car and i cant park there. my driveway is a good 45 degree angle and i was at about 2500 rpms backing up and all the sudden the car started hoping and it sounded/felt like i poped a tire and i was on my rim. so i get outa the car and tires fine, so im like shiet, i broke a tooth. i get in and try to move forward and it did the same thing so i know its the damn clutch

:mad: :mad: GRRRRRR im so pissed

anyway, since the clutch decided to litterally CLUNK OUT, is there a possibility i messed anything else up? I wanna be prepared for what its gonna need when i come back this wensday so i can spend less cash down at the ocean. Anything you guys can think of that could have died with it please let me know and the prices if you got them

thanks guys, sorry for the novel
    1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

PS, when i said it did the "Same thing" in first, i dont mean it was hoping, after i stoped it and tried to back up again/go forward, you could feel something just keep spining and it sounded like a peice of metal was just slaping around. If anyones ever taken a pen and put it against a fan, it sounded and felt like that. thanks guys
    1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

alright i took a better look at the sound etc. and it looks like its gonna be the rear end :( either that or the driveshaft. :( my shop refuses to find a z28 rear, said its too much work or some shiet so im stuck with a v6 but w/e, anyone have any ideas on other things to break when the rear end clunks out? thanks,

ps im leaaving sunday and there calling me monday so ill update u guys tuesday nite

and why does no one ever reply to my posts?!? :( i think ive had like 3 total replys with all my posts :(

Comment

blah, just got home from the beach and picked up my car on the way home.

i basically tore up the coupling in the driveshaft :( i asked them to put in a one peice but my dads friend has a V6 camaro hes fixing up and said hed give me his 2 peice for just the cost of instalation (so he had money for a 1 peice for his car) so i did it, got away with a new driveshaft (5,000 miles on it) installed in 1 day for 200 bucks [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Good deal man, at least nothing major, pos 2 peice ds. Anyways, the clutch feels weak? Welcome to the club. Heres a reply for you man, hate to see you posting to yourself all the time.

Cp

Comment

thanks :( no one else cares :sad: lol ya, but im doing the clutch in 4 weeks after i pay my dad for the DS

Comment

Hey man,
              You grow up in Ellicott City? I like it down there, I am down in West Friendship. When I first got my car last September, I bought it knowing it had a bad clutch and rearend. You are dam lucky that you didn't need to do the clutch. Despite changing the gears and clutch when they were done, the labor alone was about $600, about $300 each. Meanwhile, I bought a SPEC stage II clutch and some 3.42s. It's nice to at least be able to chirp 2nd. You ever go to Cecil County Dragway? I'm heading up to there or Budds Creek next wednesday.
              1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

nah never taken this one to the track, i usually go chill at 75/80 or capital, i like 75/80 the best tho. ive been lookin at cecil county, looks like a decent track. well have to hook up sometime, my friends got a 95 3.4 auto convertable with edelbrok exhaust and getting a body kit soon.

ill go in 2marrow and see if i can get next wensday off and meet u up there. what time u gonna go up?

ps thats the 7th right?

Comment

I just checked the site http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/ and it turns out that the next Wed race night is the 14th. I'll be there as long as the weather is good. The main reason I go up there is that I have a few buds that live in Bel Air and it is closer to them.

I have been trying to get my friend with is Trans Am to make it up there but he's too busy.
                  I've also been trying to get my other friend and is Mustang up there so I can teach him a little something.

I usually head up there around 7 mainly cuase I can't get off work to early.

Fridays up there are insane with ricers everywhere and the Weds crowd is more experianced racers and muscle cars.

Anyway, if you make it, look for my car as described in my sig or I'll try to find you the same.
                  1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

ok, i got someone coming with me (no car) i might be able to get 2 ricers to play with [img]tongue.gif[/img] and possibly a 72 corvette. if the guy with the vette doesnt bring it, hell come in the 13 second CRX

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X