slacker69 and only4u get in here :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slacker69 and only4u get in here :)

Ok i think andre has one free restall, you guys know my mods, i think. well with the pcm programming and everything else do you think the 3600 stall wil be to much? should i get it restalled to 3300-3400? i told andre about all my mods including pcm progamming and he said ths is my best choice and guarantees excellent results?
    Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

what are you mods?

Comment

With a cam i would say you are ok cause the of the tq curve shift
      <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

with a cam a 3600 would be good, but with a stock one look at the results the edge 3600 is putting down...

Comment

here are most of the "important" mods [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:
            with a cam a 3600 would be good, but with a stock one look at the results the edge 3600 is putting down...<hr></blockquote>

It's a traction problem really. The STR is also at 2.66, that is part of the deal... You can light up nittos at part throttle in Evan's car. I have driven the car personally, haven't raced it at the track, but I have a feel for how it drives.

3600 stall may be ok for you, I might try a little lower... just make sure you don't go crazy with teh STR unless you have a way to get traction.
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

DOnt tell me it is traction and nittos are not enghough i can pull a 1.7 60 foot on my nittos spraying a 75 shot out of the hole. Sorry to tell you that. I never spin when i spray a 75 shot out of the hole.
              <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

with a cam a 3600 would be good, but with a stock one look at the results the edge 3600 is putting down...<hr></blockquote>

i've told 4 people "the results the edge 3600 is putting down..." and no offense, but you aren't one of them; please don't make incorrect assumptions.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slacker69:
                DOnt tell me it is traction and nittos are not enghough <hr></blockquote>

ok, matt doesn't have to tell you, but i will. i know what my damn car does with nitto's on it, and i know that i very rarely hook. i probably shouldn't be having traction problems, but nevertheless, i am.

slow--i think with the advance in your torque curve, i would go with 3600 at LEAST, maybe even 3800. but it's all whatever you want to do. i think a million people could give you their opinions, but you can't know the results unless you just get the converter.

the 3600 converter you are talking about is a lot of fun on my car to tell you the truth. my shift extensions are pretty high, at WOT i rarely drop below 4500 rpms at the bottom of the shift. but if your rev limiter gets moved up, and your torque curve also, then i wouldn't worry about it. a higher shift extension is what you want in that case.

i have road runner service and the message board is no longer accessible from my computer, so i probably won't be able to see this thread anymore. i'm on a friend's computer now. but slow, if you have any more questions, just email me.
                2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Only4U:
                  i've told 4 people "the results the edge 3600 is putting down..." and no offense, but you aren't one of them; please don't make incorrect assumptions.<hr></blockquote>

i was just going off what i saw on the timeslip page of a 14.98, i apologize if this is an incorrect assumption. if this is incorrect please share what it does do, for the benifit of us all.

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: hawgs ]</p>

Comment

i was just going off what i saw on the timeslip page of a 14.98, i apologize if this is an incorrect assumption. if this is incorrect please share what it does do, for the benifit of us all.

[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: hawgs ]
                    <hr></blockquote>

yes, this is incorrect as of the current date. the night i ran my best time, i was hitting constant 14.7s and 14.8s all at about 89 mph. doh! i even had an 89.9 mph, so close to 90!

i had been stalling absolutely none that night, just flooring it off the line (where the str is the greatest, and thinking this would be the best technique for me) and was hitting these decent numbers.

using the above technique, i was consistently hitting 1.97, 1.98, 2.01 60ft's. once i tried to stall to 3500 :eek: ...not a good idea, and my nitto's didn't like that. oddly enough, i spun a 2.2x 60ft and somehow managed to hit my best time of the night :cool: interesting, huh?

driving torque converted cars correctly is much like women--hard as hell to figure out, but once you got it, a whole hell of a lot of fun :cool:

i'll let you guys know when i've figured my converted car out, and if i hit better numbers, then a "score!" for me. otherwise, no harm done, i think i can still share and explain my thoughts on converters anytime i feel obligated too.

slowbraeater--sorry for interupting your thread and changing the subject :D best of luck to you with the converter!

ross--does this answer your question?

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

if you could please tell me what rpm you are running at wot at 90mph thanks

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason Morgan:
                        if you could please tell me what rpm you are running at wot at 90mph thanks<hr></blockquote>

WOT--i'm not sure about that. i'll have to do that later. it's pretty high, i would say around ~4500 rpms, but i don't know the exact number.

why?

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason Morgan:
                          if you could please tell me what rpm you are running at wot at 90mph thanks<hr></blockquote>

just did it. exactly 4700 rpms. now why were you wondering? and yes, 3.42 gears.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X