Why does my 1-2 shift feel like I have a transgo shift kit? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does my 1-2 shift feel like I have a transgo shift kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing just happened to me too. I have been dealing with P1870 for a while now and just kept erasing it. Finally after I cracked my torque converter hub last week, (don't ask me how) I had the tranny shop do the TCC valve body mod while I was in the shop. The hard shift problem stayed with the car. The next day, my speedometer suddenly read zero on the highway and I came to a stop. I disconnected the Jet SCU module and I was on my way. Hard shifts were gone too, at least for a few days, but things got better. I think I need my computer reflashed to make all of this go away. By the way, valve bodys produced before 99 will have this problem sooner or later. I just think the SCU 2000 feeds a bad signal to the computer and makes things worse.
    180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

Believe it or not my 1-2 shift was hard when I was low on the rear end fluid. The seal was leaking and my shifts became hard when there was low fluid levels in the differential. I replaced the seal, filled the rear and it went away.
      2000 Silver Firebird<br />1988 Maroon GTA

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        5 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X