Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears

i currently have 3.08's in my car, they are the stock gears, i got the stock 3.23 gears from a 2001 camaro, im trying to go the cheapest way about gettin them installed so wat i wanna know is...how can i get them in the cheapest way?? any help aprreciated...i really dont wanan order a new diff....so anyone who can help please let me know cuz i wanna get them im ASAP
    99 firebird 3.8 v6 A4 orange with 2 pearl white stripes, throttle body spacer, k&n, 3.23\'s, ram air,airbox mod, flowmaster, no cat, rollin on 245/45/16 kumho ecsta\'s, tinted windows, sony xplod cd player, jensen 800 (old model) and 12\" audiobahn

The difference b/n 3.23s and 3.08s is almost negligible. You'll probably end up wasting money in the long run because it wont really net you much of a difference, rather than save it like you want. It'd make more sense to do it right the first time and go with at least 3.42s to make it worth your while. I grabbed mine off eBay for $40, I'd sell you mine for that same price if you want since I've changed my mind for 3.73s.
    Also, as far as I know (I'm by no means an expert) - 3.23s are either the start of the 3-series and will need to be shimmed to fit a 2-series carrier, or they are the top of the 2-series range and you could just slap them onto your same differential. But I'd say save a few more bucks to make the gear swap worth your time and money.
    AIM: Alientr8tr<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/583450\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Camaro 3.8L</a><br />Flowmaster 80-series, !FRA, Eibach Springs, KYB AGX, SLP sway bars, 3.42/LSD, Wings West kit, Z06 Motorsports, Silverstone Metallic paint<br /><a href=\"http://www.shift5.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Shift 5</a> - My Band

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AlienInv8r:
      The difference b/n 3.23s and 3.08s is almost negligible. You'll probably end up wasting money in the long run because it wont really net you much of a difference, rather than save it like you want. It'd make more sense to do it right the first time and go with at least 3.42s to make it worth your while. I grabbed mine off eBay for $40, I'd sell you mine for that same price if you want since I've changed my mind for 3.73s.
      Also, as far as I know (I'm by no means an expert) - 3.23s are either the start of the 3-series and will need to be shimmed to fit a 2-series carrier, or they are the top of the 2-series range and you could just slap them onto your same differential. But I'd say save a few more bucks to make the gear swap worth your time and money.
      <hr></blockquote>

3.23's are a 3 seris.. but yeah he is right.. Buy his 3.42's and you will a big difference and probably no difference in gs miles..
      Jeff ..
      1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
      2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
      1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
      http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

how much would it cost to ship the gears? ill buy them if you give me a little time to get the money, im sinking all my money in my bronco to get the trans rebuilt, but ill buy yours geras from you if you can wait maybe a week or 2...also how could we work out the payment? let me know somthing...thanks for the replies...oh and also im getting my friend to put the gears in...will i need anything to shim them up or does he put them in the rear end and then mess wit them....thanks alot
        99 firebird 3.8 v6 A4 orange with 2 pearl white stripes, throttle body spacer, k&n, 3.23\'s, ram air,airbox mod, flowmaster, no cat, rollin on 245/45/16 kumho ecsta\'s, tinted windows, sony xplod cd player, jensen 800 (old model) and 12\" audiobahn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X