Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs

What do you guys think of these springs?
    I can get a set for 125US dollars, and they will lower my car 1.2" in front 1.7" in the back.

(They say this will level that car out..)

Is it a good idea to level the car out?
    Help me out thanks

If the car is trully leveled you will lose the inherant aerodynamic downforce "wedging" the car has in its design. Rather than put goofy spoilers on cars, engineers normally raise the rear/lower the front to give the car a slight slope - this allows the car to have less air rush underneath it without goofy spoilers/wings/bodykits what have you.

It also increases rear downforce a little bit - nothing insane but enough to hold the car on the interstate comfortably and allow the suspension to react correctly under highspeed (loads the rear suspension with maybe 50lbs of force).

However... all these things are extremely minor and you probably won't have a single problem with the lowering springs [img]smile.gif[/img] For $125 theyre a good deal, if the spring rates are right, and I would probably go for them if all I was after was a good ride with a better look than stock [img]smile.gif[/img]

Call Sam Strano and see if he has the spring rates for this set - I dont think I do? He might can give you better answers than me as to why/why you shouldnt use these springs on your car [img]smile.gif[/img]

Are they V6 specific or do you not know?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Suspension Techniques Fbody Springs 600 140-160 1.50"

On second thought they seem VERY stiff front and rear - I dont think I'd ever put them on my car. 600# is clearly not needed on an Fbody to make it perform, and its gonna ride pretty bad even with the right shocks! [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X