ABS light on when changing gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS light on when changing gears?

Got my car back from the shop. Went from open end 3.08 to posi 3.73....Now the ABS light is on....Any suggestions? I did install the SCU2000 and it says in the instructions that in some cases of big gear changes the light would come on. Have any of you found a work around without taking the fuses out?
    Eric

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: merlinsrealm ]</p>
    Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
    1996 Camaro Conv
    2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

I believe the reluctor ring may be causing it, also did you get the scu2000's I sent at least 1 of them to work?

Did they replace the ring with one for a 3 series carrier?

Comment

Yes...I did get one of the SCU2000's to work....They took my relucter ring off the series 2 carrier and put in on the series three. Arent the rings the same?

Eric
      Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
      1996 Camaro Conv
      2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by merlinsrealm:
        Yes...I did get one of the SCU2000's to work....They took my relucter ring off the series 2 carrier and put in on the series three. Arent the rings the same?

Eric
        <hr></blockquote>

I was under the impression the reluctor rings had to be changed as well I think that may be the problem!

Anyone else know 100% for sure?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by merlinsrealm:
          Arent the rings the same?
          <hr></blockquote>

NO.
          <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

I would take the car back to the dumba** shop and tell them they have to replace the reluctor ring and if hey were not morons, seeing as they are supposed to be mechanics they should know that you dont just use a 2 series carrier reluctor wheel with 3 series gears, after they put the new one in things will be alot better [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

Thanks everyone...I have located where to purchase a series 3 reluctor ring....The guys mad but he'll have to get over it..apparently the rear has to be taken apart to get to the reluctor ring.

Eric
              Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
              1996 Camaro Conv
              2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X