Question for people with Transgo shift kit with vette servo - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for people with Transgo shift kit with vette servo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for people with Transgo shift kit with vette servo

i installed my trango with vette servo and noticed quite a difference in performance, first gear lights the tires up pretty nice and the tires slip into second, but im wondering if you guys with the shift kit notice ur car runs at higher RPM then normal, i noticed it to stay closer to 2-2500 when drivin around..is this normal and also if im drivin normal 3rd gear is a slight delay in the shift
    94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Isn't that the point of that mod? To have a sportier shift style? The only thing running at that RPM regularly is gonna do is eat more gas if you ask me. I'm thinking about a shift kit myself though and a tranny cooler, but first I gotta get some more ponies to the ground!
    2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

OMFG, a spotsiE person. Ever go to the lot? I am from Orange, you know the hick town about 30 miles down the road, anyways, curious to know about the lot?
      !!!TOWN IDIOT!!!

Comment

The transgo kit will hold each gear longer. On the one I have in the '72 Mustang, I've noticed that when the engine/tranny is cold, it has a tendency to hold first gear for up to 2-2500 rpm under light throttle. After it warms up, I can get third gear before 15 MPH.
        <b>15.41</b> @ 89.80 & 15.45 @ <b>91.64</b>, 2.21 60ft, 3,440 raceweight, using <b>OEM</b> Equipment. <br />\'98 L67/M49 w/ 134,000 miles before spun bearing. \"<i>It\'s all stock, Baby</i>!\"

Comment

Hahaha ya I know Orange county, I used to go hunting down there in tha mornin' hyuck! ;) And no I don't go to the lot because I hear its all ricer populated and I don't want challenges from "10 second Civics" ya know?
          2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

i was talkin bout it riding around in 3rd or 4th keepin it at bout 2-2300, while leavin it in drive
            94 Pontiac Firebird-V6<br />-NxWetKit,RamAir,MSD Dis4, Coils,&Wires,DynomaxExhuast w/testpipe,NittoDR\'s&DunlopSPort5000s,17\"CrEagleAl loys,TransgoShifKit/VetteServo<br />91 Jeep Wrangler-5.7 Chevy350<br />-6\"ProComp SuspensionLift,M/T BajaClaws35x12.5,& more goodies

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X