what kind of TC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of TC?

What kind of torque converter and what stall should I get. I will plan on ordering tomorrow.
    Oh and where is the best place to order from.

Thanks

need alot more info than that....
    what kind of driving do you do? will you be running power adders such as nitrous? will it be mainly track driving, autocross, or mainly street?
    need some more info before we can just outright recommend one
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

I will be doing mostly street driving but gas milage is no big deal to me. For now I won't be running any power adders. Maybe next year. I have 3.42 gears but I plan on putting 3.73's with LSD nest week. I have read a lot about 3.73's. How much will that help my 1/4 or will I lose too much top end?

Comment

well magnus uses a Presion Industries 3300 stall converter and has 3.73's and he runs 13.8 NA if you do this you will need drag radials for sure thought. At least get a 3000 stall
        <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

Don't bother with sub 3000 stalls. You'll only need nittos if you want to launch hard on the track. On the street you can still drive normal.

Comment

you really should research the TC alot more. that is a mod you just dont go out and buy cause your friend says he got one. there is a lot of thinking that goes into the purchase of a torque converter. anyone here that has one, i would think, agree with me.
            on the other hand, i just saw a 2600 stall for like cheap on slponline.
            good luck to ya.
            6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              4 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X