Did the gears break in correctly?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the gears break in correctly?!?

I dont know if anyone has asked this...but how would someone know if their gears broke in correctly. What are some side effects if they didnt? What happens if gears are broken in? I want to know this for myself and for future reference. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

>The only thing I've noticed on my gears is that typical annoying whine sometimes.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    <b>.::[ 0 ]::.</b><br /><b>1997 Camaro 3800 II M5</b> (30th edition)<br />[]B&M Ripper Shifter<br />[]Proform Shift Light<br />[]SLP Cold Air<br />[]Dynomax Exhaust<br />[]Richmond 3.73\'s<br />[]Zexel-Torsen LSD<br />[]180* Thermostat<br />[]Tail Blackouts<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/skyracer_x\" target=\"_blank\">pics</a>

Drive it easy for 500 miles. Then change the oil. If they haven't whined till then most likely they won't for some time. If they whined from the start then they were installed wrong. If they didn't whine from the start, but then started whining then they weren't broken in correctly.

Comment

well they whined right from the start. I heard that Richmond gears were noisy to begin with. I didnt wait 500 mi I will tell you that much. I havent had any problems with them...except like i said...just that annoying whine.
      <b>.::[ 0 ]::.</b><br /><b>1997 Camaro 3800 II M5</b> (30th edition)<br />[]B&M Ripper Shifter<br />[]Proform Shift Light<br />[]SLP Cold Air<br />[]Dynomax Exhaust<br />[]Richmond 3.73\'s<br />[]Zexel-Torsen LSD<br />[]180* Thermostat<br />[]Tail Blackouts<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/skyracer_x\" target=\"_blank\">pics</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X