Vert = 3.08 open diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vert = 3.08 open diff?

I can't find it again, but I read somewhere that all verts are open 3.08s. [img]graemlins/barf.gif[/img] What is my best bet price/performance wise for going to a 3.42 LSD. Shenanigans wrote:
    unless you are going higher then 3.42s, I suggest just getting a used z28 rear
    That sounds great - but what are the specs I need to know? Thx

update - nevermind that, I have the GU6 RPO code (3.42). Just need an LSD and I'm all set. If my car only has 30k, can my peripheral stuff be reused?

[ October 14, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: rhodeymark ]
    \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

yea, i bought a Zexel torsen LSD from my friend and installed it in my garage... used all the same stuff from my old differential... bolts right up

Comment

This is rich - from LS1 Tech sticky under Gears Forum: :rolleyes:
      Stock Gear Ratios:
      M6: 3.42
      A4 Standard: 2.73 (GU2 code on the door sticker)
      A4 Performance Axel: 3.23 (GU5 code on the door sticker)
      WS6 and SS models came with 3.23s.
      Your A4 did not come with 3.42s.
      If your sticker is gone you tell which gears you have by your highway rpms:
      3.23s @ 2000 rpm = 67 mph; 2.73s @ 2000 rpm = 80 mph
      3.15s were available in A4 Vettes
      I have to register just to tell him he is aparently FOS or else my GU6 door code means "something else". Heh - just because his LS1 vert A4 had lower gears.

Comment

gu6 is definitely the code for 3.42's. if thats what it says then thats what you got. look up under the technical database link at the top. look around and youll find the code list. see if the lsd code is on there and check for that.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Nope - I don't have G80 and I am a definite one stripe guy. I know Powertrax No-Slips aren't thought of too highly here but the gear set up man at my local shop swears by them as bulletproof - and effective for daily driving in the snow. We shall see. If I hate it by next spring it will be EBayed at a loss. It goes in this weekend - wish me luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodeymark:
            I have to register just to tell him he is aparently FOS or else my GU6 door code means "something else". Heh - just because his LS1 vert A4 had lower gears.
            Because they're talking about V8s. Most V8 guys aren't going to have a clue about V6s.
            Matt
            1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
            Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Yah - I blew it off. How nice they gave us better gears for our little ponies. I still got better than 28+ mpg on a 75 mph run to Pittsburgh last month.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                4 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X