Just installed Poly trans mount!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed Poly trans mount!

Just finished installing my Energy Suspension Poly Trans mount. I remember hearing everyone complain about the rough vibrations. I have very very rough vibrations. I LOVE IT! Feels so nice. When I hit the gas I can feel the exhaust rumbling under my seat, My old trans mount was toasted. It kept jolting the trany back and it would even lift up the nose of the car more then usual. Now it feels SOLID. I peel out like a mofo now. I am very pleased with performance and the awsome vibration and feel the Poly mount gives. Am I crazy or did I notice I now even handle through the turns alot better?

One thing though. I notice when I shift into 2nd gear the stick hits the console a bit. Is there anyway to make that stop? I was thinking a Hurst or B&M shifter might help because they got that bent stick. Will this help or not? If not how do I stop it from doing that. I assume its because the tranny sits lower now.

And modifying the Cross member was a PITA. But well worth it

THUMBS UP FOR POLY TRANS MOUNT [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It's a well worth mod but some can not deal with the added vibration.
    There is less flex in the drivetrain which is good
    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I too noticed a difference in the way the car drove through corners aswell.. Odd if you ask me ;)
      2002 Maple Red Firebird V6<br />3.73 w/ LSD | Pro-5.0 Shifter | Fan Switch | Tach w/ Shiftlite | Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge | Bilstein Shocks & 1LE Springs | 1LE 32mm Bar & Poly Bushings, Poly Tranny Mount and Torque Arm Bushing | BMR LCA\'s | Catco 3\" Cat w/ Edlebrock 5509 Muffler, (all 3\") | Corbeau A4 Seats (Pair) |<p><a href=\"http://forums.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.fakeleg.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://cv6.fakeleg.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://cv6.fakeleg.com</a> - Part & Repair Manuals and write-ups.

Comment

i had the same problem with shifting to second.. makes for a good excuse to buy a nice short throw shifter.. :D

either that or you can get a steel spacer fabed up to go between the cross member and the mount.. just use the bottom of the mount to make a template and then you can cut out pieces of steel and build em up, to about 1/2 or maybe 5/8 of an inch then just tack weld em together and you will be back to stock.. I have wanted to do this myself so I can keep my angles on the driveshaft and such stock, I just haven't had the time or inclination to do it. if you decide to go that route e-mail me

I measured the difference between the poly mount and the stock mount once with them installed and I want to say it was almost exactly 1/2 inch difference between the two..

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: black98V6 ]</p>
        -Brad
        98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
        2000 V-Star Custom 1100
        If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
        :rock:

Comment

I would rather buy a new shifter if that will fix the problem. Which one will work best?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            3 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X