just changed wheel bearings and still getting noise from rear end. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just changed wheel bearings and still getting noise from rear end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just changed wheel bearings and still getting noise from rear end.

like the title says. my rear end has been making noise, like a bearing going out wallow, i had a little bit of visible play in the rear wheel bearings so i thought the noise was coming from them. so i changed the bearings and now i have no movement at the wheel bearings but i still get the noise while driving over 35mph. next week im going to get the car up on the lift and try to see if i have any play in the pinion bearings. history of rear end is i got it out of a 02 z28 i replaced the pinion seal then installed the rear end in my camaro. 3 years later its making this noise that i can't figure out.

Re: just changed wheel bearings and still getting noise from rear end.

what does the noise sound like?

were your axles pitted?

Comment

Could just be your torsen diff.

Comment

Re: just changed wheel bearings and still getting noise from rear end.

axles were as smooth as they could possibly be. if the noise is just from the torsen then ill just leave it alone. when it goes out i have an auburn diff ready to go in. next week im going to see if there is any play in the pinion when i get the car up on the lift (dont trust bouncing up and down on stuff while the car is on jackstands). it sounds like my wheel bearings before on my old rear end but i think it comming from the middle now.i checked while the cover was off for play in the diff bearings and it was solid there.

Comment

From what I've read, anytime you rebuild or take apart a rear end, you're lucky if you dont get noise coming from back there. So I guess just roll with it until something breaks :p

Comment

If you google it alot of people gripe about torsen noises

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X