cracked bellhousing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cracked bellhousing

The title says most of it. I was wondering if anyone has seen an aftermarket steel one or where is the best place to find a new one. Oh I've got a t5 manual too. So I've had a hard time trying to find a steel one and figured if anyone would know it'd be you guys.
    Last edited by badbird02; 04-21-2013, 08:37 AM. Reason: forgot to mention specifics
    help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Re: cracked bellhousing

Nope never seen one, why would you want one?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Because his is cracked? :P

Comment

Well cause if the stock ones are just gonna keep cracking on me I need something stronger.
        help me build the ultimate sleeper soon ill have a lot more mods than i can list and watch out for the spikes. 02 firebird

Comment

Originally posted by badbird02 View Post
          Well cause if the stock ones are just gonna keep cracking on me I need something stronger.
          How are they cracking? I've had my Camaro 18 years, never heard of cracking bell housings.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Well its split from front to back on both sides. I had it welded once and one side split back open.

Comment

ell weld it again if you cant find one , but why does it keep cracking , i have never hear of this happening unless there is excessive force put on it to where it cant take it

Comment

Well I'm hard as Hell on it. I've gone through 2 tranny mounts. On the third one now. And ages ago I twisted a flowmaster pipe in half. That wasn't sudden took sometime but it still happened.

Comment

that wierd

Comment

wait what you mean your hard as hell on it what do you do with your ride??

Comment

Lol well the throttle spends most of its time on the floor. and I've owned it for 10 years. I think its time for new motor mounts and to have it rewelded.

Comment

well how much torque are you making??\

Comment

Couldn't tell you. Not too many mods on her. Whisper lid k&n msd ignition no exhaust spec stage 2 Kevlar clutch and aluminum flywheel.

Comment

well if its not a heavy moded car it shouldn't be cracking , hell i floor my bird when i can or feeling good and this has never happened to me since ive had her for about 2 years now and its my daily driver too

Comment

Usually when you see cracks in the bell housing it is from a clutch exploding in it. Thats why you see scattershields for heavily modded cars built out of hardened steel.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tra...astrophic.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X