A4-M5 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4-M5 questions

Ok I am in the process of collecting the parts for my A4-M5 swap in a 1994 3.4L firebird. So far I have ordered these parts:
    T5 Trans
    Clutch
    Hydraulics

I am waiting to hear about the pedals from the trans seller and looking around for the other misc parts( and I cant for the life of me find the manual trans insert for my console)
    My questions are how much dose the M5 crossmember drop the mount and dose the fact that my car is lowered make a difference in angle the trans has to be mounted?

I had the thought if I use a 1LE mount on my stock xmember. I think its enough to make the difference but it would be nice if some one knows the dimensions.

Thanks in advance

Re: A4-M5 questions

the stock m5 xmember is made for the car, not like it is an aftermarket part. You will not have any problems with a stock xmember and a stock mount.

Good luck on finding the insert lol. Sometimes they can be hard to find and will probably cost like 75-100 bucks

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

found the insert but im having a slight issue. Now that the conversion is done im getting a vibration from the engine. Idle there is no vibration, the vibration begins arouns 1400 and will go to about 5k with harmonics at 2100 and 2600 where the vibration tapers off. It is minimal when the car first starts up but once up to temp throttle position dose not change the vibration just RPM. Its not a horrible vibe like the car is falling apart but its a concern that I wont want to damage a bearing. Possible installation errors or faulty parts?

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
        found the insert but im having a slight issue. Now that the conversion is done im getting a vibration from the engine. Idle there is no vibration, the vibration begins arouns 1400 and will go to about 5k with harmonics at 2100 and 2600 where the vibration tapers off. It is minimal when the car first starts up but once up to temp throttle position dose not change the vibration just RPM. Its not a horrible vibe like the car is falling apart but its a concern that I wont want to damage a bearing. Possible installation errors or faulty parts?
        it does this while moving and in neutral?

what mount did you use? If you used a poly mount it can take up to 500 miles for it to stop vibrating

Comment

Nope push the clutch and it drops off with the engine rpms

forgot to mention i used a poly mount but it has been about 750 miles (yea i drive alot for school) and the vibe has not changed in severity
          Last edited by A fireman; 01-03-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A fireman View Post
            Nope push the clutch and it drops off with the engine rpms

forgot to mention i used a poly mount but it has been about 750 miles (yea i drive alot for school) and the vibe has not changed in severity

how did you set the mount up?

When i put mine in I used some old end link bushings as a bit of cushion for the harder mount

Comment

Just mounted it strait to the x member. I couldn't get the m5 member so this was to lower the tail shaft

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X