trans issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans issue

OK having an issue with my 94 Firebird v6. The 4L60e for some reason is straining in first gear. It feels like some one is riding the brake until it shifts into.second. if I place the car in neutral it idles fine and won't creep like its in gear. Reverse also feels normal. If I force the car into first it feels the same like there is a brake hanging but if I hit second gear start the car is a little sluggish as usual but feels like all the power is going to the ground. I'm kinda at a loss here so any suggestions would be great
    Last edited by A fireman; 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM.

Re: trans issue

Mines seems the same as yours. I don't know what it is maybe TQ converter.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if you have a scanner, like hptuners. check to see if the TCC is locking and staying locked in first. not sure what the fix would be at the point though.

Comment

are you sure you don't actually have a caliper sticking? Put the car up on stands and toss it in first gear...see if it feels the same with no resistance. Just make sure you shut the car off before you throw it back in park...especially if you have drum brakes...you'll never be able to hold the rear tires and you'll end up grinding the trans to a stop when you toss it in park otherwise.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I know its not the calipers I had the break system apart about 2 months ago for the opposite reason( no rear breaks, but that was at the ABS valve) and the trans feels fine up to about 10-15 miles an hour where it feels like its trying to engage another gear. Ill have the TCC checked today but from what I can tell after researching this trans it seems like it may be the 2-4 belt engaging early.

Comment

Well se one is starting to slip here and there so I'm going to do the a4-m5 swap and be done with this headache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X