Transmission Mount & Drive Shaft Support Bearing - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission Mount & Drive Shaft Support Bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Mount & Drive Shaft Support Bearing

1993 Firebird 3.4 V6 w/auto Trans

Replaced the transmission mount this morning as it had broken into two pieces. Pretty straight forward job, not too many issues. While I was under the car I found that the drive shaft support bearing is totally shot. The drive shaft is flopping around like crazy.

Looks like it is time for a 1 piece drive shaft. The search is on...

The good news is that the torque arm bushing is in great shape, one less job to do.

Re: Transmission Mount & Drive Shaft Support Bearing

There was a ALM. drive shaft in the 4 sale section for $75 might take a look.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Cool thanks.

Comment

Drive shaft installed today. This is my daily driver, and the new transmission mount coupled with the bad drive shaft made the car almost undriveable. The vibration was very violent. I found a steel 1 piece drive shaft for sale locally and grabbed it up. Total install time was 2 hours, taking my time.

Test drive went great. Vibration gone, running good as ever.

Comment

So far so good. It's been a week and is driving great.

Comment

Good to hear.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X