t5 to a4 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 to a4 swap

Finally decide to go with 4l60e trans swap got every thing installed. Having problems with the trans shifting. Trans will not start in first gear even if you put it manual in first gear but if you manual put in second it will move in second gear and you can shift to third gear but will not shift to forth gear. I use stock setting to reprogam the pcm for 4l60e trans. The only thing i wired to pcm was the connector to the trans only. Had one grey wire left over do not no what to do with it. Does anyone no how to wire trans when going from t5 to an a4 tran.

Re: t5 to a4 swap

I did this years ago , trying to remember , did you use Speartech wiring harness?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

No i did not use speartech harness pulled one from junk yard and wired it to computer using alldata diy digram. When you ordered your trans harness from speartech did you get direction. I would like to try and get the problem corrected if not I'm going to order one from speartech.

Comment

Yeah all the wires were labled and went in pretty smooth , didn't have any problems. I can look in the morning to see if I can see a gray wire.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

What year is the car? I have an auto pcm engine and transd wiring harness from when i went from auto to 5spd. It needs your injector connectors, and the connectors for the o2 sensors. Lemme know if youre interested.
            Last edited by flamingchicken; 10-08-2012, 10:43 PM.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Its a 1999 camaro

Comment

I located a grey wire but don't know where its going, sorry the labels have come off.

Comment

Thanks for checking

Comment

The shift solenoid strategy is similar for most GM late model 4 speed auto transmissions. What you are experiencing- just 2nd and 3rd manually- will occur if you dont have power going to the solenoids. The pcm will ground the outputs to switch the shift solenoids on and off. The trans will default to allow 2nd and 3rd ranges manually as well as reverse if the solenoids dont have power. I would check wiring and make sure you are getting 12V+ at the trans connector. Without looking at schematics I dont recall off hand which wire this is. You also need to make sure the fuse block has this fuse and wiring for it if you did not swap that with the engine harness. I have done a few 3800 swaps using the Fbody harnesses and underhood fuse/relay boxes but has been a few years since I had to dig into this.

Comment

I check connector it is getting 12v, solenoid 1-2, 2-3 is also getting 12 volts. According to schematics grey wire connects to ground pin 35 when i connect grey wire it blows fuse. I also did not hook up park in netrual switch do it have to be hook up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X