Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear right tire skipping

Hello everyone,

For reference, this is happening on my 2000 V6 Firebird.

A few months back I hit a very nasty pot hole with the right rear tire. We'll ever since then when I accelerate fast from a dead stop it skips/hops a few times then rolls fine from then on.

The two rear tires were rebalanced and no change
    I just replaced the 2 rear shocks and again no change.

Some have told me I may have damaged my LSD (like a broken tooth in the gearing), but I honestly don't know.

Does anyone have any suggestions on my what my next course of action should be? I really don't want to spend time and money chasing this problem down, so I'm thinking to get the entire rear end replaced. I have the GU6 G80 codes on my door. GU6, I assume, means 3.42 ratio but I'm not too sure about G80. I know it has to do with the LSD but I'm clear as to it's meaning.

Joe
    Last edited by monolithicjoe; 09-22-2012, 08:19 PM.

Re: Rear right tire skipping

G80 means you have the Limited Slip Differential. Most likely what needs to be replaced are the Lower Control Arm Bushings. Replace them with Moog solid rubber ones.

Comment

I found these

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=202853

They come in 2's. Is that for both sides of the car or just one side?

Comment

That looks like the correct ones. You need two sets. A total of Four bushings. Two for each side.

Comment

Good thing I asked then. Thanks for the help, going to order them now.

I hope they work.

Thanks again,
          Joe

Comment

Is that what it is? I've had this problem for a while, thougt it was my shocks and what not. Too bad my LCAs are back home...

Comment

Hell, I thought I was only person with this issue haha. The bushings should be in sometime next week.

If this doesn't work, then its off to the shop.

Comment

check out some double adjustable upgraded lca's and bushings and you'll be sittin' pretty.

i had aluminum double adjustable's on mine and they eliminated wheel hop and kept the butt planted nice.

lmperformance.com is where i picked mine up a few years back.
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I'm waiting to put moog lca bushings in myself. I've got lots of bushings waiting to go on. I have es for the trans mount, phb and torque arm and moog solid rubbers for the lca's (need to figure out where i put them). Hoping the bushings fix some driveline shudders I've had since I've owned the car.
                  96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X