Why is it such a PITA to buy a clutch kit? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it such a PITA to buy a clutch kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it such a PITA to buy a clutch kit?

Finishing up putting a new motor in my son's 1998 RS. Put in an engine from an 06 Grand Prix thanks to the help of this forum.

The old rear main seal was leaking, so the clutch is trashed. I need a full clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate, pilot bushing, slave, and throwout bearing) and probably flywheel

kits include "some" of the above, some vendors are not specific as to what comes in the kit. Seems like the throwout bearing sometimes comes with the slave, sometimes not - again not all vendors specify.

I'd like to have everything by Friday...any advice?

Re: Why is it such a PITA to buy a clutch kit?

Get the GM slave - it will come with the throwout.

I do NOT recommend aftermarket.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Re: Why is it such a PITA to buy a clutch kit?

I doubt you need a new flywheel, you can get it cut down, no problem with that.

like said, I would get a gm slave, all of the aftermarket ones I have bought have been junk. I bought an exedy kit off of ebay for mine, the clutch/pressure plate has been great, but the slave/to that came with it crapped out on me, so i replaced the slave, and my clutch has been slipping ever since then

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X