what generally gets destroyed in a stall? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what generally gets destroyed in a stall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what generally gets destroyed in a stall?

Tranny was swapped out today at the shop and the guy said he wouldn't stick the converter back in the car unless it was cut and cleaned and inspected...cut/clean is 100$ no biggie, but what can go wrong with a stall that could possibly be damaged and needing repair? And how much can those repairs run?...I'm trying to figure out if its worth it to junk the stall and buy a new one, or have it possibly repaired.

Not looking forward to driving on the stock stall next couple of weeks...especially after drilling the new sperator plate for a hi-stall...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: what generally gets destroyed in a stall?

The stall can roll the sprag and they have a few thrust bearings that can go bad. The trans can also dump garbage into the stall. If it was acting fine and the fluid looks ok in it I wouldn't have it cut open.
    sigpic

Comment

can anything bad come from having it cut open? besides my pocket book taking a hit?

Comment

Not really. As long as they reassemble it correctly and do a nice welding and balancing job. People have stalls serviced all the time.
        sigpic

Comment

yup at my shop every transmission we rebuild we always make sure and service the stall

Comment

good news...old trans was full of metal...so I didnt waste my money on the new trans...bad news...motherf*cking same grinding noise is still there...Im convinced it HAS to be the driveshaft hitting the safety loop...the new rear must've thrown the pinion angle off slightly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X