Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking for a clutch

Originally posted by Docta View Post
    If you can tell me which Centerforce to get, since it only has options for a Z28... I'm assuming I have to go back into 3rd gens when the Z had a T5?

Oh. Apparently I have a 2000 Z28 with a v6. Genius website... hard to trust a car company that cant even figure that out

It's what I have, and their plant is a mile from me. Picked it up at the office.

I don't see any issue with they website. Clearly gives the p/n for a 1996 - 2002 3.8L 231" engine.

CF I Pressure Plate: CF360076

CF I Disc: 381504

Dual Friction PP & Disc: DF504076

http://www.centerforce.com/clutches....ption=clutches

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

X2 Centerforce.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

It was throwing me off with it saying Z28. But I'll go with that most likely, with just some stock replacement flywheel and slave.

Also, I need the PP & disk right? I've never handled a clutch replacement before, so I'm new to it..
        Last edited by Docta; 03-14-2012, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Centerforce.
          Look on summit.com.

Comment

Hahaha I'm waiting on my centerforce to get in right now. Supposedly won't be delivered to my dad's shop till the 20th...

Comment

Bringing this back.. what's the selling point of Centerforce? I mean buying a kit from nameless parts store is 230, and a CF is almost twice that. It's a stock car, why get the more expensive one? And for the slave cylinder, why should it get replaced?
              Last edited by Docta; 07-31-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a stock clutch.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I don't think centerforce clutch is necessary depending on your build, maybe take down the fly wheel and have it resurfaced
                  Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                  1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                  1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                  2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Then looking at generic parts store stock, is Exedy better than a Sachs?

Comment

Bringing this back.. what's the selling point of Centerforce? I mean buying a kit from nameless parts store is 230, and a CF is almost twice that. It's a stock car, why get the more expensive one? And for the slave cylinder, why should it get replaced?

I have a CF (they are down the street from me), and it is way superior in feel to the stock clutch.

Also replaced the slave and had the CF TOB installed. I would however use the factory TOB that comes with the slave in hindsight.

Why replace the slave? Let's just say I regreted NOT doing it - but I did get a new CF because of it. :banana:

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Have a CF installed, waiting to see how it does with the Tick Master and brand new GM slave.

Comment

What made you regret not replacing it? I've gotta convince the pocketbook to let me get a new one..

Comment

It's a stock car, why get the more expensive one? And for the slave cylinder, why should it get replaced?
                            You're the one asking to get a more expensive one...

If there are not or will not be any mods, go OEM; of course unless major disputes with stock clutch assembly.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone.

Comment

From my understanding the non stock clutches offer a bit more grip and a harder feel. The grip comes in handy when you're looking to do higher rpm shifts and launches. If you're not going to race it or launch it much stock should be fine. I haven't done the clutch but from lots of reading the slave is highly recommended to be done at the same time. People have problems post clutch replacement that end up needing a slave replacement to get good pedal pressure.
                              Last edited by MegaHertz; 07-31-2012, 10:51 PM.
                              96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

I'm planning to do a cam/top end eventually, and I do race on weekends, but not alot of hard launches, mostly downshifts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X